Sunday, July 13, 2014

Kyoto 7-11June 2014

I have plans to go to Kyoto during my annual leave in 7-11 June since January with my friends, however it was only confirmed til the last minute & I made it! My dad was not well & eventually passed away in May. Then I was worried if my mom that she could not take it. Sometimes, she would talk to my dad's photo ..."1)ask my dad to wait, after she was her face, she will prepare breakfast for him", 2) scold my dad via photo..."sit down there no need to do anything then got food to eat ah!" 3) mom will say ..."dad keep staring at her!" However, eventually she is back in her "lalaland". I have managed to book a fairly good price air ticket from SQ at $1040 cos subsequently the ticket price went up to $1270. The lodging, food, bus & train tickets and expenses add up to estimate $3500. Actually, when I unpack I feel I did not buy much. Went to my favourite places in Kyoto...Nishiki market, the Loft & Isetan. Went to new places like Takashimaya & Aeon. Sightseeing places include the Golden Palace & Fox temple. Had very nice veg, prawn & crab tempura, very nice soba nearby Fox temple,crab feast nearby Nishiki market, desserts. Stayed in Almont hotel- not too bad for the price, 10mins walking distance from Kyoto station & we stayed at Tamahan Inn 2D1N @$300 with Dinner & breakfast included! The dinner was nice, my favourite dish would be Brinjal with rice...I ate 2bowls! The Tamahan traditional house stay is once in a lifetime expensive experience. Total estimated spend: $3500!

5D4N holiday has ended, now I feel sad! Going back to work reality facing the challenges. I need to wear shields to prevent any arrows. Already one arrow flying towards me when I go back tml.

Looking forward to my next leave to escape from work & stress.

No comments: